Version: 01 January 2017
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT COOKIES
First of all… what are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. For this section, we conveniently use "cookies" as an umbrella term for techniques such as cookies, Flash cookies and web beacons. They don’t take much space and they will be removed automatically when expired. Some cookies expire at the end of your internet session, while others will be saved for a limited amount of time.
Secondly… what are the different cookie types we use?
There are different types of cookies with different uses. Some are there just to allow you to browse the website and see certain features. Some give us an idea on your browsing experience, i.e. when you have trouble finding what you are looking for, so we can improve and make your future visit as pleasant as possible.
Cookies set by TALIS are called "first party cookies". We use first party cookies for several reasons.
The most important cookies are the required cookies. They are essential and help you to navigate on the website and to use basic features, such as media plugins. Then there are functionality cookies that enable you to save your shopping bag, create a wish list and to save your shipping details for a quicker checkout. The performance and analytics cookies we use to improve our website. Interaction cookies are used for you to interact with social media or to submit reviews. Targeting cookies, advertising cookies and social media cookies capture your preferences in order to show you relevant ads outside
TALIS sites. In addition, social media cookies may be used to track your activity over social media platforms.
1. REQUIRED COOKIES
are essential and help you navigate, move around on the website and see certain features (e.g. these cookies make sure your basket is saved during all the steps of your checkout process). These cookies are required to enable core site functionality. These cookies are stored for the duration of your browsing session.
2. FUNCTIONALITY AND ANALYTICS COOKIES
are there so we can give you an even smoother customer experience (e.g. these cookies help you to save and remind you about your shopping bag and enable you to create a wish list). These cookies allow us to analyze site usage so we can measure and improve performance. These cookies may be placed by us or a third party on our behalf (see our cookie opt-out tool) and are stored for the duration of your browsing session.
3. ADVERTISING AND SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES
* will remember your product and buying preferences or assist marketing efforts in other ways. These cookies enable us to share data, such as what you like, with our advertisers, so the advertisement you see can be more relevant to your preferences (sometimes referred to as "targeting cookies").
* help us to understand shopping behavior of visitors. This enables us to keep improving our website, so shopping becomes easier and more pleasant, and to improve the marketing messages we send to our customers (sometimes referred to as "performance cookies").
* are used for you to express your opinion. These cookies will enable you to like or recommend us on social media and to chat with our service agents. But you can also advise our other (potential) customers by rating and reviewing our products (sometimes referred to as "interaction cookies").
What if you don’t like cookies?
You can change your browser settings to delete or prevent certain cookies from being stored on your computer or mobile device without your explicit consent. The ‘help’ section in your browser should provide information on how to manage your cookie settings.
How often will you update this Cookie Statement?
The date at the top of this Cookie Statement indicates when it was last updated.
Finally…where can I get further information?